Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm about eight inches into the body of Tempting right now:



While the K2P2 ribbing is a little annoying, it is kind of mindless. Here's what I've learned so far:

1. Even when you're SURE you didn't twist your stitches- you still might have.
2. Ripping back after only knitting an inch sure is frustrating, but it's useful if you take that time to "try the piece on" to see how it would fit...and when it fits BADLY, you can go down a size.
3. You can also correct that stupid mistake you made of not having the correct needles- Size US9, 29 inch circs, are NOT appropriate for knitting Tempting. Neither are your US8, 29 inch circs
4. That really made me want to own a set of Denise Interchangeables.
5. In leiu of the Denises, I love me some Inox needles.

Ok, as you can tell, I'm striping my Tempting. I saw a great post on LiveJournal with a striped green and cream colored Tempting, and I fell in love with it. So I changed the main body color to brown, and instead of one colored stripes, went with light baby blue large stripes, and two small cream. The yarn is GGH Samoa, which I really love. And, as much as I love how Tempting looks with the ribbon, I realize I am not a bow girl. (If I was to get married, there'd be no bow on the butt gown for me) I love the Tempting ribbon, but I know I would never wear it. So I'm omitting it, and tightening the neckline a little. And I've set a goal of having this to wear on Mother's Day (and probably just jinxed it, but I WILL have it!!), so wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger karla said...

I actually started mine no less than 4 times. And that was sort of helpful in that I did wind up going down a size.

8:28 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I really like your striped version. It looks great.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Wanda!

BB- You starting over four times...makes me feel better about me, but ouch! I'd get impatient and drop it in frustration, I think.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home