Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I finished Tempting today!!







I used the recommended needles, and got on gauge with GGH Samoa. I started on April 23rd, and finished today. I liked the three needle bind off-someone said it'd be a welcome break to the ribbing, and they were right.

I used the striping instructions given here, only repeated it once, though, and for decreasing instead of eyelets, I knit only two, two and a half inches of yoke, then purled 2 every other purl set, did a straight row of knitting the knits, then purling the purls, then purled 2 the remaining 2 purl sets, then knit 4, purl 1 for a row or two, then Knit 2 together every 8 stitches (or as close as I could get while still purling the remaining purls. Then I bound off.

I would have increased the space between the k2 togethers, like every 14 stitches or so, if I had know it would have made Tempting cropped and cap sleeved, but still, I really really like how it came out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zarzuela said...

Very cute! Congrats! Love the stripes.

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

10:46 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray!

It looks great. And thanks for sharing your finishing advice.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is so adorable! I was going to just do the ribbon, but I love what you've done to the neckline, and it's so much more wearable for me. Thanks for sharing your tips!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home