Thursday, June 23, 2005

FO!

Meilynne's TemptingI finished Tempting! I love the way this sweater looks and fits, and how easy it was to knit. I like easy projects I can knit while engaging in another activity like conversation or watching TV.

Compliments flowed from friends, family, and strangers when I wore the sweater all day Wednesday, so my knitting ego was stoked. I wish I'd used a natural fiber, because an acrylic top in 90°F weather feels like a sauna. In the AC and and at nighttime, it felt fine though. Caron Brights is pretty soft for acrylic.

I made the large size, but stopped short of all the length schematics. I just kept trying it on as I knit - the body to 14" and the sleeves to 3.5" and then 4" after the join before starting the eyelet row.

The eyelet row is in multiples of 8 sts, so it works perfectly for every size EXCEPT the large - the sequence is off by one rib. I put the offset where the bow sits, but I think it would be better to add or subtract 4 sts from the body. I also changed the eyelet row to "YO, K2tog, YO, P2tog, K2, P2" which matches the ribbing, but maybe that doesn't matter since the ribbon covers that row anyway.

I didn't like having to adjust sts to close the holes at the underarm corners. Next time, I will try the kitchener's st, if it's possible with mismatched ribbing, or at least something that gives more stretch than the 3-needle BO.

About halfway through the body, I discovered via Knitty that I was a tight knitter, but since I started that way, I had to finish as such. Next time, I will go with the medium size at a more relaxed gauge. That means less yarn, few sts, and happy hands!

yarngear.blogspot.com


2 Comments:

Blogger Adelle said...

That really looks incredible!

6:29 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Meilynne, Your Tempting looks beautiful.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home