Thursday, June 23, 2005

FO!

Meilynne's TemptingI finished Tempting! I love the way this sweater looks and fits, and how easy it was to knit. I like easy projects I can knit while engaging in another activity like conversation or watching TV.

Compliments flowed from friends, family, and strangers when I wore the sweater all day Wednesday, so my knitting ego was stoked. I wish I'd used a natural fiber, because an acrylic top in 90°F weather feels like a sauna. In the AC and and at nighttime, it felt fine though. Caron Brights is pretty soft for acrylic.

I made the large size, but stopped short of all the length schematics. I just kept trying it on as I knit - the body to 14" and the sleeves to 3.5" and then 4" after the join before starting the eyelet row.

The eyelet row is in multiples of 8 sts, so it works perfectly for every size EXCEPT the large - the sequence is off by one rib. I put the offset where the bow sits, but I think it would be better to add or subtract 4 sts from the body. I also changed the eyelet row to "YO, K2tog, YO, P2tog, K2, P2" which matches the ribbing, but maybe that doesn't matter since the ribbon covers that row anyway.

I didn't like having to adjust sts to close the holes at the underarm corners. Next time, I will try the kitchener's st, if it's possible with mismatched ribbing, or at least something that gives more stretch than the 3-needle BO.

About halfway through the body, I discovered via Knitty that I was a tight knitter, but since I started that way, I had to finish as such. Next time, I will go with the medium size at a more relaxed gauge. That means less yarn, few sts, and happy hands!

yarngear.blogspot.com


3 Comments:

Blogger Adelle said...

That really looks incredible!

6:29 PM  
Blogger Wanda said...

Meilynne, Your Tempting looks beautiful.

11:57 PM  
Blogger www.k-and-ktreasures.com said...

I just came across your blog about alarm car disable and I think it is really informative for all of your members. You could consider visiting my site about alarm car disable to guide your guests towards products and services related to alarm car disable. Keep up the good work!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home